Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thoughts on food & food for thought !

I try to eat in a healthy way - do you ? or do you just stuff anything in your mouth without thinking or realising that actually it may not be in your best interest to do so ! I have more to learn about ceramics for a start and want to be around to achieve that, and not be sick from ignorance about basics like food ! I do try and learn about foods eg eating a balanced diet, not being obsessive about it though. Its what we do on a consistent basis that makes the difference in our lives not the occasional "slip" in relation to food I think. Here is a list of food I like to eat on a consistent basis - I love vegetables ! I do eat meat but limit myself & like organic meat when I get the chance, I eat a few eggs a week but not too many, I like fruit but am picky about its ripeness etc,I like pulses & beans as they have good roughage and are a partial protein, fish I eat & like, what else ? mmmmmh oh yes I gave up drinking cows milk & now enjoy soy milk instead ! I never thought I would be able to do that actually but it was not as bad at all as i thought it would be - now enjoy it knowing its better for me.I do eat cheese though & yoghurt in moderation.Other things I like to include in my diet are GARLIC raw & in cooking, honey, wheatgerm ( so good for you -Google that one !) codliver oil, molasses a spoon a day ! some raw cider apple vinegar with water & honey I take to help my body before bed to sleep, We use olive oil & canola oil for salad & cooking,salt I use but very little, but black pepper mmmmh love the stuff, must be freshly ground, a glass of wine is welcome of course, as is a cold beer -Guinness is good for you they say ! Some things most probably I have forgotten but thats basically it.- Good eating !

1 comment:

  1. Red wine is good for you too, in moderation of course. Eat garlic, real butter, drink wine and live to be 100.

    Stay away from that nasty place with the big yellow "M" out front.

    ReplyDelete